The Great Feasts Of The Orthodox Church
BUNDLE includes CD & BOOK
The CD is composed of 21 tracks chanted solo by adults and children. The objective of the CD is to teach its listeners – children and adults alike – the troparions of the major feast days in the Church Calendar, as well as the troparions of the Patron Saints of our parishes, chanted precisely as they are heard in Church and taught to our children in Church School. The CD also comes fully equipped with an 8-page lyric booklet to further assist in this aim.
You can also purchase the CD from your church’s bookstore or ask your parish priest.
Want the CD on its own? See “Learning CD: “Out of the Mouth of Infants”.
The Great Feasts of the Orthodox Church commemorate the major events in the life of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, His Mother- the Most-Holy Theotokos- and the Church itself.
The Great Feasts are categorised as ‘fixed’ feasts or ‘moveable’ feasts.
- Fixed feasts, such as the Nativity of Christ and the Theophany of the Lord, are celebrated on the same date every year;
- Moveable feasts, such as the Ascension of the Lord and Pentecost, are dependent on the date of Pascha.
Featuring beautiful Orthodox iconographical artwork that children and grown-ups will love, this book will take you on a journey through the Church calendar year!
This book has been edited for an English-speaking audience and will give parents a rich and powerful tool to guide children through the Great Feasts of our Church!
Want the NEW Great Feasts book on its own? See Great Feasts of the Orthodox Church
A collection of unique and colourful resources for children
There are now 5 volumes available and with 6 separate themes.
- Book 1- Our Paschal Experience
- Book 2- The Cross AND The Nativity of Christ
- Book 3- The Church, Prayer, and the Holy Sacraments
- Book 4- The Mother of God
Purchase the first 4 books using this link: Children’s Booklet Collection
- Book 5- NEW! The Great Feasts of the Orthodox Church