The Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance for child abuse! All allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently, according to our robust policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early as well as removing and reducing these risks.
- Our organisation has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
- Our organisation is committed to regular training and education of our staff/volunteers regarding child abuse risks. This training occurs at least annually.
- We are committed to providing a safe environment for children with a disability, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI)
- We have specific policies, procedures, and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments, including the Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Procedures of the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse, phone 000.
Information and resources are on their way, please reach out if you would like any information including a list of independent Child Safety Officers to assist you with your inquiries.