Pre-marriage sessions are compulsory for those who wish to get married in the Antiochian Orthodox Church. These are in a group setting and provide a precious opportunity to walk through the important aspects of leading up to your wedding, but most importantly, being married!
About the Sessions
Pre-marriage sessions in the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese aim to educate couples in:
- the theology of Marriage
- psychology of couples’ dynamics
- facing challenges
- personality differences
- communicating successfully to strengthen the marriage union
Further, this is an opportunity to discuss life decisions such as:
- the upbringing of children
- extended family commitments
- the running of your home life
- financial arrangements
- balancing Marriage responsibilities with daily life
This is a vital step towards building an excellent Christian foundation in your home and will arm you with the skills and knowledge to tackle future marriage and relationship challenges with the love and patience of Jesus Christ
When are these sessions held?
Group classes are currently in NSW, though all parishes should offer these. You will need to contact your parish priest to organise these sessions.
For NSW, there are currently three times of the year for Pre-marriage sessions. Couples are required to register for a pre-marriage session for either the Summer, Winter, or Spring sessions based on their wedding date:
- Summer Session: For Couples who have booked their wedding date from February to June
- Winter Session: For Couples who have booked their wedding date from July to October
- Spring Session: For Couples who have booked their wedding date between November 2022 to February 2023
If your wedding day is approaching and you haven’t heard from your priest or parish representative within 2 months of the set session, please call your parish to discuss these sessions!
Below you will find a list of current pre-marriage sessions that are set in stone dates or please see your parish priest for more information.