Settlements Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) Project: working with newly arrived
In March 2019 Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese (AOA) entered a consortium agreement with other Churches to assist the newly arrived people to Australia.
Due to the current pandemic COVID-19 (or Coronavirus), we are currently working remotely.
We do apologise if there should be a delay in our response, please be assured that we will respond as soon as possible.
To engage this support, please contact: Fr Fadi Nemme Ph: 0416 730 720 | Email: email@example.com
We will help put you in contact with the relevant services for support and assistance.
The purpose of this project is for the provision of Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS).
SETS is funded by the Federal Government Department of Social Services (DSS). This project will be running for three years until June 2022. The main office will be at Mt Pritchard, 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday and Friday).
AOA will assist with the social engagement of newly arrived from Arabic Speaking backgrounds in Australia life.
- Meeting and promote the social, cultural, language and settlement needs of the newly arrived migrants/Refugees.
- Encourage the integration of new settlers into the Australian community, and
- Establish good relations amongst newly arrived and all other communities.
- AOA provides assistance for the settlement needs of the growing newly arrived community in the South West Sydney.
- Casework and targeted group sessions will also be delivered through partnering with mainstream services to deliver the following;
- Education and Training
- English acquisition
- Health and Wellbeing
- Family and social support
- Civic Participation
- Youth support services
Upcoming events will be listed below, if any are available: