About Antiochian Village, Goulburn
Antiochian Village, known as St. Michael’s Monastery, is a complex situated on Kenmore Road in Goulburn consisting of a granite homestead, built in 1873 including St. Anna’s church, 3 x two-storey buildings, a number of small cottages, buildings, and area of parkland adjoining a multi-purpose sports court.
Formal courtyard and paddocks to the rear of the complex are set on 1.586 hectares. Antiochian Village was formerly used as a novitiate, providing accommodation and training for young women entering religious life – latterly used as a conference and retreat centre, a convent and administration centre.
Acquired by the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese in 2016, it now operates as a retreat site, and serves as a monastery and parish.
Retreat attendees will enjoy accommodation in small bedroom compartments (as opposed to large shared dormitories), with generous shower/toilet facilities. A central kitchen, multiple kitchenettes, dining, and laundry rooms. Respecting its rich religious and cultural history, the Archdiocese has invested material resources, and many prayers to enhance the site, and to offer it back to communities to minister to God’s glory.
The grounds are tranquil and provides a great place to rest and retreat.
Just 1.4kms to Goulburn’s CBD, 1 hour to the centre of Canberra and 2 ½ hours to Sydney.